Office of the Mayor
60 Pleasant Street
Newburyport, MA 01950
Donna D. Holaday, Mayor
Director of Policy and Administration
Executive Aide to the Mayor
Jennifer Lamarre, PhD, Human Resources Coordinator
Responsibilities of the Mayor's Office
- The preparation of annual budgets for appropriation by the City Council as well as the monitoring of City departments insuring that all guidelines are met and goals achieved according to budget;
- The timely and judicious execution of laws passed by the City Council and the communication of such measures to the citizens where required.
- The efficient operation of City services, optimizing all resources available in a cost effective manner that best meets the needs of the citizens;
- The representation of the City at all occasions and meetings involving leaders of county, state and federal government agencies insuring that the best interests of the City are achieved;
- The direct communication with the citizens through an open door policy augmented by the involvement with all its boards and commissions to include the identification and appointment of qualified candidates for approval by the City Council
- The active participation in all matters concerning future City planning and economic development;
- The daily management of City government with an emphasis on departmental performance against established goals.